Central Louisiana Home Health Care has been committed to excellence in home care since 1979. We began 30 years ago as a local, family business, focused on putting the patient first, and we continue that tradition today. We are one of the few Louisiana based and run businesses and we pride ourselves on that fact. By providing quality care through a full continuum of home care services, using trained and skilled professionals, our goal is to exceed the expectations of our communities, caregivers, clients and patients. Through personalized teaching, guiding, assisting, customer service and client care we provide the highest level of independence and dignity to people in their home. With 3 locations across Central and Southeast Louisiana, we have built our reputation through quality of care, professional integrity, and commitment to our employees. For over 30 years, we have been the trusted home health agency for you. Let us show you why we say, “Caring makes the difference.”
- Devotion to providing our clients with convenient, high quality and cost-effective services that offer an alternative to normal, continuous or prolonged hospitalization or institutionalization.
- Ease the patient’s stress by serving as a liaison between the patient, family, and physician.
- Help patients and families regain independence at home through instruction, excellent medical care, and safety teaching.
- Dedication to being a full-service provider to individuals, physicians, insurers, hospitals and others that we are privileged to serve.
- Commitment to listening and adapting to the needs of our clients.
- Provide exceptional and effective treatment for our patients’ illness or injury as directed by their physician.
- Assist our chronically ill or disabled patients in maintaining their highest level of ability of health
- Educate our patients on how to live with their illness or disability.
- Allow our patients to stay at home while recovering.
- Promote our patients’ individual dignity, mobility, independence and well being.
History by Tommy Cupples
In 1979, Central Louisiana Home Health Care was founded by Burel Cupples, my uncle. He was a health care pioneer in Central Louisiana during a career that spanned forty years; a career that included hospital administration, home health, hospice, and the DME industry. I remained very close to my uncle until his death in September of 2007. I learned a lot from him and often asked for his advice (it’s amazing what you can learn from an old man having coffee in a swing). The most profound thing that resonates in my mind is something that he taught me when I first went to work for him in the early 1990s. Being a young man with a sparkling new degree in economics and finance, I immediately began to pour over profit and loss statements, and making graphs of how to cut expenses and the effects it would have on the company’s bottom line. I was very proud. After showing my uncle the fruits of my staggering genius, he stood up from his leather executive chair and said, “I need to show you something”. We drove to a small A-frame house just outside Tioga, LA. As we got to the front porch, an elderly lady using a walker appeared at the front door and called my uncle by name. Her name was Mrs. Canfield and she was a home health patient. Mrs. Canfield had incredible stories of her eighty three years and she never lost my attention (a feat no college professor ever accomplished). As we drove away from her house nearly two hours later, my uncle simply said, “We make her life better; patient care is what matters; concentrate on providing the best possible care for the patient, and the rest will fall into place”. He was right.
Years later my wife and I bought Central Louisiana Home Health Care, and it is now one of the oldest and largest sole proprietor home health agencies in the state of Louisiana. Its success can be attributed to one thing; an incredible, caring staff of medical professionals that is dedicated to providing unparalleled patient care to the people of our community. In this era of acquisitions and mergers, especially in the homecare industry, where most providers are owned by large conglomerates head-quartered hundreds of miles away, Central Louisiana Home Health Care remains locally owned and operated. We also remain committed to our motto which has been the cornerstone of our corporate philosophy for over thirty years, Caring Makes the Difference.